Sonian is looking to hire an experienced Linux Administrator to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining our Amazon EC2 infrastructure.
The successful candidate should be a flexible, highly independent worker as well as an excellent team player, and able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Design, build and maintain EC2/Xen machine images and instances.
- Design and implement unattended installation and monitoring tools.
- Develop procedures for backups and fail over.
- Assist in profiling and optimizing activities with developers.
- Produce high quality system administration documents.
- At least two years Linux experience with a firm grasp on the entire system. Gentoo experience is preferred.
- Experience in virtual and cloud-based instances.
- Xen/EC2 experience is preferred.
- Experience in block file systems, FUSE file systems and distributed file systems.
- Experience in firewall design.
- Good understanding of automated installation, maintenance and monitoring tools. Puppet experience preferred.
- Good understanding of internet protocols.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
We're creating a web service that will help millions of people manage their email inboxes more effectively. Send your resume to jobs (at) sonian.net.